Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update

Hi all. Quick update:
Tomorrow I am getting some blood work and on Thursday we are heading to Florida. In Florida, I will undergo some further testing and have a consultation with my doctor. The hope is to move quickly so I anticipate starting my first treatments very soon.  I am a little scared, but anxious to start my treatments and to stop feeling so god damn tired all of the time.

I was reading that there is a high chance that I may lose my hair with my treatments. My friend told me that we are going to order the best wigs so I can style a new hairdo and hair color every day of the week. It will be my new couture accessory. What do you think? Imagine- short and blond on Monday and long and red on Tuesday. I think that would be kind of fun. 


My sister in law showed me the dearest children's books from France: Martine that she bought on Amazon.fr.  I went to Amazon.fr. to buy a few of them for my friend who teaches her kids French as a third language.  I could not resist and bought myself a few of them. They are just so adorable and I figured it would also help me with my French studies.  Take a look: They are adorable. Do only French girls still want to be ballerinas? When I was a little girl, I dreamt of being a ballerina. What do little girl in the US dream of being these days? Snooki? lol


 http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gilbert+delahaye&sprefix=gilbert+delahaye


That reminds me, I didnt discuss here my thoughts on the movie The Black Swam. As many of you know, I am obcessed with Swan Lake and Tchaikovsky in general. I am girl that watches the nutcracker every..single..year.. and that watches swan lake everytime it is on television. I thought the movie was just OK. Natalie Portman did an OK job too- not great.. They really should have casted women who KNEW how to dance and had more grace. The plot was decent, but I couldnt help but think that the average viewer would not understand the nuances unless you really knew and understood what The Swan Lake was all about. But maybe I am mistaken. 
The movie brought me back memories of the last time I went to see the Ballet Swan Lake. It was a dream come true: I had the pleasure and luxury of watching the St Petersburg Ballet perform Swan Lake at the Bolshoi Theater in Moscow. It was truly a dream come true and an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. I hope to someday take Eliana to the Bolshoi  theater to watch a ballet. I am sure Danja and Vania would be happy to join us! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Vania and I are in!

    Did you get the Martine ballet book? That's my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete