Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fertility Drugs and Cancer

I want to share information that I gather as I learn about possible causes of my cancer. It is true that it is likely that it is believed that cancer runs in my family. Duh!. If you know the Molina clan, cancer is everywhere.  But there is another likely culprit- Fertility drugs. There is a lot of noise out there in cyberspace where the drug companies try to tell us that these drugs are not linked to any cancer, etc. My oncologist, however, as well as the National Cancer Institute at NIH say otherwise. 

There have been many studies that report an association between fertility drug use and invasive cancers: Ovarian, hotchkins, and others. The use of fertility drugs was associated with an increase for a number of cancers especially malignant tumors. All have associated with use of a drug called Clomiphere.  There is also another study linking increase of cancer and the use of HCG.

 I, of course, took both drugs. I am doing lots of research on this topic and working emailing everyone I can think of to get to the bottom of this.  I will keep you all posted. In the meantime, if you are thinking of using these drugs, please read the fine line carefully and be careful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment