Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Green Light

Today I received news from my doctor that I can start my treatment as early as Thursday. We submitted my medical records to the National Institute of Health on Friday and I received a call from them today confirming what my doctor in Miami recommended.

Earlier today I went to get blood drawn out and to do one last "check up" before I start my treatment. drum roll please... it's on now!.

The doctor again told me today that I should expect serious side effects such as: nausea, diarrhea, flu like symptoms, mental confusion, and hair loss. The nurse today jokingly said it would feel like my first trimester of pregnancy times 12. ha! not funny!. The only side effect that I am obsessing over is my hair loss. My sister told me my face was to fat to carry a face with no hair (NOT NICE!). I jokingly told her that I was going to put a tattoo on my bald head (I got this idea from Debi!).
Don't worry folks, I will give you all a play by play of my treatment while at the hospital and take before and after pictures (I am told I may lose up to 15-20 pounds- too bad I am back to my pre pregnancy weight already.. otherwise I would be psyched!).

Please send positive thoughts my way.. The power of positive thoughts is a very strong one.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers. My long red hair was my signature so I, too, thought that losing my hair would be the worst thing imaginable. It wasn't. Getting through each round trumps vanity. Please email if you need to: citygirlblogs (at) gmail. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Elvis that sang that song "You are always on my mind" so cheesy as it may sound, I am constantly thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts. And I hope you have the Pucci scarf with you. It is loaded with love and good vibes. Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates. I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me sound evil. i said you would look good in a "bob look" not a halle barry look....bc we BOTH have big faces...just saying..i'm not evil ;)

    ReplyDelete