Thursday, June 16, 2011

Online Courses

So I am stuck indoors more than I would like since I scared my family half to death after my Thursday debacle. I also have a massive kidney infection so I have substantial lower back pain.
My friend Monica told me about these online courses that yale offers, so that gave me the idea of taking online courses to entertain, educate, and enlight myself. I am getting sick of browsing amazon to find interesting books.
I checked out the online class she is taking and it seems to interesting. They are currently reading Lolita,which I must say it's one of my favorite books bc of the way it's written. I am dusting off my copy of Lolita and will begin re-reading it this weekend.
My other friend also told me about the MIT online courses and I signed up for a Political Science course called: "THE POLITICS OF FINANCIAL GLOBAL RELATIONS" It seems like its something I must have taken in undergrad there, but I cant remember what I read in undergrad anyway. The readings seem very interesting. I am picking them up this weekend as my fun summer reading. Yes,that's what I said, my fun summer reading.
my first reading:
Rogoff, Kenneth. "International Institutions for Reducing Global Financial Instability." National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper 7265 (July 1999).


I welcome anyone that wants to read them along with me to discuss. It would be nice to have someone other than myself to talk about these books.



No comments:

Post a Comment