Friday, June 10, 2011

Emergency Room Madness-

Last night, I spent the evening in the emergency room. I would think it's a funny story, if it had not had happened to me. All is ok now, my poor car has a broken window and my family is a little shaken up by it all.. but we are allright. Here is what happened:

After a week and a half of being healthy, I woke up yesterday morning feeling like crap. I was sick again. My bones ache and I felt as if I was coming down with the flu. I was furious and upset.. How could I only have at most two weeks of health before catching something again. I am so careful and I try to stay out of crowded places and sick people. But I have to go to work and interact with people.

So the day begun.... Eliana also has a little bit of the sniffles, but that may be due to teething.

After changing, feeding, and playing with Eliana, we got in our car and went to run errands. I remembered that Eliana needed water for her bottles and I needed some toilettres. I was still so upset that I got sick that I spent about one hour with my mother complaining and crying because I never catch a break. My mother suggested that I take Theraflu daytime and head straight home to rest.

After running another errand, Eliana and I go to CVS and purchase water, theraflu, candy, chocolate, toilet paper and toothpaste. I load everything in the car, including Eliana and we head home.

I drop off my things from CVS and go meet my friend for lunch whom I had lunch plans with. I was feeling crappy and was upset- overall having a very bad day and I thought having lunch with a friend would cheer me up. We had a lovely lunch and Eliana behaved very well.

I forgot to mention that yesterday DC was having record high heats of 102 degrees and with humidity at almost 100.. it felt like a swamp. now back to the lunch.

We say goodbye to our friend and head back home. I tried to put Eliana down for a nap so I could rest, but she just wanted to play and be held. sometime in the middle of the afternoon she finally decides to take a nap and I start to unwind. I pick up her room and put toys away and other things and heat up water to brew some theraflu. I take my theraflu and lay next to Eliana while she naps.

My mom calls to ask how I am feeling and I tell her that I feel a little weak, tired, cranky, and overall blah. We chat about other things and my mother overhears Eliana complaining about something. Eliana is up! my mother says,.. We say goodbye, I hang up, and I pick up Eliana from her nap. Eliana seemed hungry so we head to the kitchen to make her a bottle.

I look for her formula.. where is the formula.. oh oh, I forgot we ran out of Similac and I only bought the water for her bottle. I cant believe I forgot the formula! Eliana needs formula for her nightly bottle.

Reluctantly, I pick up my keys, purse, eliana's diaper bag, and carseat and we head to the car. I have to make a run to cvs again to pick up formula.. no biggie right?

I get in the car and it feels like 120 degrees in there.. humid and hot. I strapped Eliana in her carseat, lock the doors, turned on the engine and began to drive. We didnt get very far. At the corner of 7th and E I began to feel dizzy so I pull over and park the car.

the next thing i remember was the Fire department breaking the window of my car...


to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment