Monday, June 20, 2011

The Love of a Mother

"The Love of a Mother". I never understood that sentence. But having a child now, I understand. I would feel the same if my child was adopted or my own. But the love of a child is a love like no other. No lover, no parent, no friend, nothing will compare the love you have for your child.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
Author: Agatha Christie

This has been the hardest year of my life. Some of my own doing and some is that mother nature is playing a nasty joke on me. Friends have disappeared, loves have faded, luckily some friends have stuck around and have been an enormous support. My family, of course, with the unconditional love that knows no boundaries. But what I feel overwhelmingly is the love for my child.

I cannot wait to adopt one or two more children once (and if) I get well. I have found so much joy in spending time with Eliana. The joy is immeasurable. Those that have chosen not to share in the moments with me and Eliana are losing a lot. We are not the losers, they are. Eliana is an amazing, extraordinary little girl that is slowly bringing me back to life. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment