Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone- friends and family.  What a year this has been for all of us!. So many trials and tribulations; so many changes and so many adjustments. Some for the good and some, well, just a change.
I am taking this week to be thankful for all that I have and  not to think about what I have lost and what I do not have. I cannot change the past and I cannot change or make people do something they dont want to do. All I can do- heck all we can do is move forward and hope for the best.  This past year, Eliana has taught me to live life to the fullest and one day at a time and I try everyday to be a better person for her.

This has been a specially challenging year for me in all respects. I want to thank all of you who have stood by and encouraged me, supported me, and not judged me. I thank all of you that have been my true friends and family. Here is a small shout out to some.
To J: My best friend in the whole world. The person who I have grown with. Have we been through hell and back? and through it all, you have been there as a friend. You truly understand the meaning of unconditional and I am grateful and honored to have you in my life. I know we will be connected until the day we die.
To E: My sister, my other best friend. What would I do without you? You bring me back down to earth when I am crazy, you console me when I need to be consoled and you scold me when I need to be put in place. I am so happy that we are this close.
To M: My bro, we may have many differences in opinion and lifestyles, but I love you very much and I am so happy that we live close and maintain a close relationship. You are very important in my life and I hope to we continue to stay close and connected.
To D: My snooky and dear friend, although our history is an interesting one, we have made it through many battles and wars. Thank you for being there during these crazy times, and even tough you like to keep what you do unnoticed.. I notice.
To A, Y, K, S, N, P, and J: My girls. What would I have done without you when I cried over my hair or my weight, or my nasty nails and no brows. You made me feel beautiful and wonderful. We have all gone through a lot together and I thank you for being my friend. I hope to be as good as a friend to you as you are to me.
To K: My brother from another mother. No  words can express my gratitude to have met you and feel that you are like a brother to me. I hope we can say the same when we re 80 and in a nursing home. ha

Nothing is easy and the road to life is paved with many challenges and every experience helps you understand what is important and how fragile and short our stay in this planet is.

I wish you all a very happy holidays and my next post will be about thanksgiving meal. I am hosting my first thanksgiving in the city and my whole family is coming.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment