Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Hello All. I hope everyone is doing well.
We have been very busy here in Eliana and Sonia land, but I hope to update my blog and keep you up to speed more frequently.
Eliana and I are settling in to our new routine nicely (yeah right!). It's crazy business in our household, but we are taking it one day at a time.

Now that I have been off meds for over a month I feel 1000 times better. My energy is not 100 percent, but my spirit and mental health is 1000 times better. I have not had a depressive episode for quite a while and I am not as crazy as I used to be. (right, D,K, and J? haha). I am blessed and very lucky that I only need one more procedure and hopefully the scans in November will continue to provide me with good news. Hair is starting to grow back and it's thicker than ever (that's a good thing right?).

I started working full time and trying to get a handle of things. Before starting on my new employment, I was asked to be second chair on an FCPA case in front of Judge Leon. I know Judge Leon from my days as White House Fellows Finalist. We kept in contact because we clicked (he is a funny judge). Anywho, I am having fun and the case should last another few weeks. We are in recess for two weeks and I am on travel.

Eliana's modeling career is doing great. ha! I never thought I would be typing out those words. I will let you all know and of course paste the picture when the magazine comes out.

We will be globe trotting soon and I will write about the trials and challenges of traveling with a toddler. I can already tell you about all the fun times we have had in planes, trains, and automobiles..

I have to schedule a procedure soon, and will probably schedule it when we return from vacay and before the thanksgiving holiday. I also have to schedule another mammogram because of my irregular mammogram a few months ago.

Breast cancer awareness is in October and there are a ton of charity events to attend.. But let us not forget about the famine that is going on in Somalia.. If you have the time and the cost of a cup of coffee, please try to give. Giving is a good thing people!.

Til next time.
Promise to keep up the blog even when we are traveling.. the title may change to .. traveling adventures of Eliana and Sonia. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment