Friday, December 17, 2010

What a Week Part 2

I had hopes that the doctor would give me good news and that, just like when the doctors told me I could not have a baby, that everything would be fine. Not this time.  The urologist told me that the biopsy was positive for cancer in the kidney. Great.. what timing!. Couldnt I have been diagnosed with this say two years ago when I had no baby? This is how things happen right? when you least expect it? when you really do not need yet another thing to go wrong!.

I left the urologist office with a handful of information and a list of oncologist to contact for next steps, prognosis, and plan of attack. What the urologist did tell me that the likelihood of losing a kidney is high and that due to my age and size of the tumor, that I need to take care of whatever next steps as soon as possible.  The following few hours were a big blur- I kept on taking care of Eliana and worried about her cold. I forgot to mention, but Eliana has a narrow nasal passage and is prone to sinus infection that makes it hard for her to breath when healthy, let alone when sick. I am worried that her infection will get worse and that she will end up in the hospital.  Needless to say, crazy day!

Throughout all of this, I went to two interviews and did my best to block my personal issues and concentrate on knocking the socks of potential employers. I think the interviews went well. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Sonia. Your family loves you. You are so brave, I am proud to be your family. Lots of love and lots strength. You will pull through. Eliana has an amazing Mom.

    Ariel & Andrea

    ReplyDelete