Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Interesting Afternoon

Today I went to hear Blake Mycoskie Speak about his TOM company and his new book "Something that Matters."
I found his talk to be so interesting. I am so impressed with young people engaged, interested in what is going on in the world, and actually doing something about it. So refreshing to meet people that are interested in more than just partying, drinking, and acting immature. In other words, I LOVED HIM.

I thought this excerpt of his book was wonderful:

SUCCESS

To laugh often and love much
to win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children

To earn the appreciation of honest critics
endure the betrayal of false friends

To appreciate beauty
To find the best in others
To leave the world a bit better
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition

To know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived.

I found the above poem to be so inspirational. His talk was very inspiring.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Tomorrow I am going to to celebrate my friend's last cancer treatment and her cancer free diagnosis. I hope to be celebrating a cancer free diagnosis soon.. bring out the bubbly and a pair of louboutins!

No comments:

Post a Comment