Monday, February 21, 2011

Acupuncture and Cancer

Apologies for the lack of posts the last few days/week, but we have been very busy with deciding on treatments, dealing with moth infestation (will report on my next post), and the usual Eliana mischievous ways. This post, however, deals with Acupuncture. I have been getting acupuncture on a weekly (and bi weekly basis when possible). Acupuncture has helped me tremendously, both physically and spiritually. Many of you, I am sure, are skeptical about the benefits of acupuncture, but I am attest to the wonders of the science. I used acupuncture to help me get pregnant when doctors were telling me I could not. I am now using acupuncture together with my therapies in order to boost my immune system and/ increase the  benefit of my western therapy. 
I have read that acupuncture retains the immune system and brain toward a natural and successful antagonistic approach to dangerous cell growth. My acupuncturist tells me that acupuncture will help my body's immune system to relearn its original "seek and destroy" mission against any disease.  My acupuncturist sees the needle she uses as an enemy. As the needle pricks, my body musters its defenses against the invader.  My acupuncture says she can feel the qi energy and body tissue resist penetration of the needle.  Applied at key points, she believes the immune system can be retrained and reactivated, and this defensive action may be channeled to the site of the cancer.


If you google acupuncture and cancer you will see that modern medicine sees acupuncture as a method to help with the symptoms of Chemo or other therapies.  Personal testimonies, however, tell their story of how acupuncture resulted in cancer remission.  Many patients have told me that the acupuncture treatments saved their lives when modern medicine had given them months even weeks to live.  This sounds too familiar to me- when fertility doctors gave me 0 chance to have a child and now we have Eliana. I will also take my chances with acupuncturee. At the very least, acupuncture has tremendously helped with the side effects of my treatments. Acupuncture thus far has helped me endure and recover from the treatments. 
I believe in the enormous potential for using acupuncture for cancer patients: first, to enhance the immune system to assist my body fighting the disease, and second, for assistance during western treatment. In addition to acupuncture, I am also taking herbs to assist in the body immune fighting. 


Thus far, I have more energy, feel more relaxed, and my depression subsided a bit- all great news. I will continue to receive acupuncture for months, maybe even years. I am a big fan. 









No comments:

Post a Comment