Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.
I hope you have all had a wonderful new year. What are your New Years' resolutions? I dont like to have resolutions, but I like to set goals. I am so grateful and happy to start the new year healthy, happy, and optimistic. Last year was full of challenges, disappointments, struggle, despair, depression, etc. etc. You name it, I suffered through it. I survived a ton and I hope I am a better person for it.  I often did not behave as I should have, and I apologize for that. I hope I have learned from the 1000 mistakes and I can only move forward. My 33rd trip around the sun will be magnificent.  Always the optimist, always the positive. 
 
With that, I am excited for what 2012 may bring. I am happy at my job, but the entrepreneurial spirit is contagious. I forgot how much I feed off intelligent, innovative people and realized that lawyers are NOT innovative, exciting people. HA. Dont take offence, but it's true. It's not a coincidence that 90 percent of start-ups, companies, technology, etc. are created by non-lawyers. I love being around engineers, scientists, and business minds. I have learned so much in such little time and am excited for the next chapter of my career/life.
With that, I will announce very soon the details of a start-up that we (a few colleagues- engineers, scientists) started.  There will be a separate blog/ website for this adventure I am so excited I cant even stand it. We have 4 amazing products to launch! I am working on the patents now, so I have to keep it hush hush until I have finalized all the requirements (patent, website, etc.). We have some VCs that I will be speaking to in the next week or so.  So very excited.  
 
I have other projects pending, but will discuss with time. 2012 is the year ladies and gents. I am devoting whatever little free time I have to these ventures and hope that I can share all the good news with TEAM Sonia.  My life 2012 will be all Eliana, work, and start-up. Who has time for anything else?  I am looking at a vacation for September 2012- a 25 day cruise from San Francisco to Australia that takes me to the places I have always wanted to go: Bora Bora, Tahiti, Fiji and New Zealand. Who wants to come along with Eliana and me? We are cool chicks. ha!
 
The next phase of this blog will discuss the usual: my life post cancer, my scans, Eliana, and also the trials and tribulations or starting a company. I hope to discuss the successes (hopefully) and failures and how others can learn from our journey.
 
hang on and join me for the ride.
 
Have a wonderful week
 
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment