Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lots of bleeding

Tough few days. Not only am I running around getting everything ready for Eliana's birthday next week, but I am also dealing with lots of bleeding as a result of my kidney surgery.
This may be TMI, but then again this blog tells you a bit too much about my life anyway.
Yesterday I took my car to get a routine service. My friend Yona picked me up and we ran errands before meeting her friend to discuss some international development work. When I went to pick up my car I felt something trickle down my skirt! I had bled right through my clothes!
As if I have not a bad day already. I was so embarrassed, but more concerned that I may be hemorrhaging.
I called my nurse and she asked that I monitor the amount of bleeding and to go to the doctor first thing in the morning. I continued to bleed through the night and woke up in a puddle of blood this morning.

Today I spent all day at the doctors ( eliana had a series of appointments and i had to see my doctor). The doctor drew some blood and asked that I monitor the bleeding for two days.. I am having a mini hemorrhage. Fun times in Sonia's world. :-).. I am a walking reality tv show!
The doctor also changed my medication (thank god! The old meds were not working out.. My friend k told me that I was the exorcists- majorly bithchy).
Hoping that tomorrow is a better day. I have to remember that everyday is a blessing and we could die tomorrow and it could be all over. Even though I am frustrated and sick of all of this- I must count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment