Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Crying of Lot 49

My latest and greatest is The Crying of Lot 49 , by Thomas Pynchon.  I am halfway through the book and I am not sure what to make of it. I should have been done with the book by now, but Eliana and I have had a very busy week. :-)
Ive been feeling great!- no faint spells, headaches, or fatigue (WOOOOOHOOO). I have been feeling a little depressed, but I know how to manage those feelings much better now. Eliana and I met a friend for coffee in Dupont on Monday, went to the pool, went to swim class, met another friend for coffee on wednesday, and the list goes on. Over the weekend Eliana had a birthday party and we later went to the RFK DC Carnival.  Keeping busy is not difficult when there are so many fun things to do in DC. 
I have also been spending a lot of time with a new (old) friend whose mother died of Cancer not too long ago and who also had kids and can relate to having children and going through an illness. This person has been a great comfort and we have been spending time together or chatting a lot. Thank you, DT. 


I also want to thank my friends (old and new) who take a minute to check on me from time to time to see how I am doing. I could not have gone through this journey without you.


Back to the book!. I really enjoyed the prose and way the book is written, but I cant get my hand around the constant conspiracy theories.. I get what the author is trying to do, but man.. 
Thoughts?


Eliana and I are off to the National Mall for a picnic and playtime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment