Monday, May 16, 2011

When Will I Stop Getting Sick

After a week of stomach flu and colds I had one week where I felt great. JUST ONE WEEK. Last week, I felt like death- fever, puffy eyes, disgusting. I still managed to go to work and get out of the house, but every movement was a struggle.
Whenever I feel too weak and sick I embody the spirit of both my grandmothers. My grandmother's were beasts.. hard working, high spirited, extreamly independent and forceful women. My grandmother died at 93 years old and that woman during her last few months of life was still cooking, cleaning, doing laudry, etc. She took care of my little brother in her 80s and everyday she had dinner prepared and the house picked up! How many women can you say that about? Noone was taking care of her! and she was diabetic, with heart problems, and apparently cancer (that we had no idea she had).



Anyway, I say what my grandmother Zoila used to say: "I will rest when I am dead"  Amen to that Grandma.

I just wish I had more than one week at a time where I feel good.. Here is hoping for a healthy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment